Registering with ChanServ
Registering with ChanServ requires that you are already registered with NickServ. You should read that article first if you are not currently registered with NickServ.
Registering a channel with ChanServ makes you the owner of that channel. You can do anything you wish with that channel so long as it does not violate the terms of service. There are several conditions you must meet before registering a channel with ChanServ.
- You must already have an account with NickServ
- You must be logged into that account
- You must be in the channel you want to register
- The channel cannot already be owned by somebody else
- You must be a channel operator or above
If you meet all of these conditions and wish to register the channel, you can do so with this command:
/msg ChanServ REGISTER <channel>
It's just that easy.